A lot of people have asked me over the years what non-issued watches are used by Navy SEALs and US Marine infantry and forced recon? Marathon Watches are the only current authorized military issue watch. Still for inexpensive watches, many enlisted soldiers as well as officers have used the Casio G-shock since the mid-1980s when they were introduced.
Casio G-shock features
- Made in USA
- Shock Resistant, 200M Water Resistant, Magnetic Resistant
- Though this watch is designed to withstand exposure to magnetic force, you should still keep it away from machinery and appliances that generate a strong magnetic field
- Exposure to strong magnetism can cause timekeeping to slow, affecting timekeeping accuracy
- EL Backlight with Afterglow, Dual Time, Daily Alarm, 1/100 Second Stopwatch, Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2039)
- Shock Resistant, 200 Meter Water Resistant
- Electro-Luminescent Backlight with Afterglow, Mineral Crystal
- 1/100 second stopwatch, Countdown Alarm, Auto-repeat function
- Daily Alarm, Hourly time signal, 12/24 Hour Formats, Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2039)
- Battery: 2 years on CR2016, Module 1659Ck. out this good article:
Rediscover the Simple Joy of an Affordable Digital Watch
Click on the link to check out the current price!