- MIL-SPEC: Manufactured in accordance with MIL-PRF-46374G Type III, Class 1 US Government Specification.
- USMC version: United States Marine Corps Aviation
- TRITIUM GAS TUBES: Self-illuminated 24/7 tritium gas tubes for up to 25 years.
- NAVIGATOR PILOT: Designed for pilots and parachute missions. Features fibershell high impact case with stainless steel back. 41mm case size. 13mm thick.
- SWISS MADE: Proudly hand made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland since 1939.
- MOVEMENT: Uses ETA FØ6 high-torque 3 jewels Quartz movement with EOL (End-of-Life) indicator.
- NSN NUMBER: NATO Stock Number 6645-01-544-9475 engraved on case back.
The Marathon Military Navigator Pilot’s Quartz is a highly accurate watch built to strict military specifications under MIL-PRF-46374G. Designed for pilots, parachutists, and law enforcement, the Military Navigator Pilot’s Quartz is made to withstand the many challenges that are faced in a professional or everyday environment.
First developed by Marathon Watch Company in 1986, the Military Navigator Pilot’s Quartz was made as a request by the Kelly Air Force Base. They wanted a watch that could be used at high altitude, withstand extreme changes in pressure and altitude, as well as be an easy to read timepiece for a pilot. Marathon fulfilled this with the Military Navigator Pilot’s Quartz.
The Military Navigator Pilot’s Quartz is made from a specialized fibershell case that is sweat and shock-resistant, as well as lightweight.
Included with the Military Navigator Pilots Quartz is a 20 millimeter nylon strap made under MIL-S-46383B, Type III. The Military Navigator Pilot’s Quartz now uses a Sapphire Crystal.
The Military Navigator Pilot’s Quartz is made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland to guarantee the highest level of quality and accuracy in manufacturing. Powered by a Swiss made, high torque, 3 jewel ETA FØ6 quartz movement, the Military Navigator Pilot’s Quartz guarantees you a high degree of accuracy in timekeeping. The ETA FØ6 movement is accurate to -0.3/+0.5 seconds per day and also includes an End of Life (EOL) indicator that will advance the seconds hand once every 4 seconds to inform you that a battery change is needed. Replacement battery is a 371 cell (Eveready or Renalta — original factory).
The Military Navigator Pilot’s Quartz uses self-contained Tritium gas tubes to ensure constant visibility in low light situations; therefore, a gas tube is placed on each hour marker, hand, and at the 12-hour marker in the bezel. Tritium tubes are self-illuminating gas tubes that contain an isotope of hydrogen, meaning they will not dull down in brightness like normal photo-luminescent (glow in the dark) paint which requires an external light source to create a glow.
The Military Navigator Pilot’s Quartz combines military durability with Swiss craftsmanship. An accurate timepiece that will satisfy you for years.