The Lum-tec Bull42 A26 features SII VK67 Mecha-Quartz movement, 12 hour chrono sub-dial, 60min chrono sub dial, 42mm case width, 24mm lug width, 100 meters water resistance.
Lum-Tec is often praised for their world-class lume application technique, and I think they have some of the best performing lumed dials in the business.
This isn’t an idle claim because each Lum-Tec dial has 12 layers of brightly glowing Super Luminova lume applied to it. This process is patented under the name MDV, which stands for Maximum Darkness Visibility. I suspect that this process is not the easiest to master because each layer has to be aligned precisely without error to ensure crisp edges.
What is a Bullhead Watch?
If you have never heard of a bullhead chronograph, then it’s worth explaining what these special watches are. “Bullhead” is a playful, yet almost literal description of a chronograph that has the crown and pushers in the 12:00 location instead of the traditional position of 3:00 (or even 9:00 for lefty watches). Yep, the pushers are the bull’s horns, but we have never seen a 3 horned bovine (if you include the center crown) so the analogy only goes so far. The Omega Watch Company was one of the first to introduce this design in 1969 <–click here for more info. The Bull42 A26 is a great example of a Bullhead watch and a very good value.
Bull42 A26 Features —
- SII VK67 Mecha-Quartz movement
- Date display
- 12 hour chrono sub-dial
- 60min chrono sub dial
- Sweeping 1/5 chrono seconds hand
- Continuous seconds hand
- 316L Surgical grade Stainless Steel case
- Military grade Titanium Carbide black PVD hard coating
- Curved front and rear case profile for comfort
- 42mm case width / 24mm lug width
- 52.5mm lug to lug length
- 12.8mm case thickness
- Premium brushed and polished finishing
- Thick slightly curved sapphire
- Military grade double anti-reflective coating.
- Solid 316L stainless steel caseback
- High tech Viton® gaskets
- 100 meters water resistance
- Custom molded 24/22 anti-static rubber strap
- MDV luminous technology on dial and hands
- Premium, diamond-cut hands with X1 grade Super-Luminova
- Threaded crown with double Viton® seals
- Free lifetime battery replacement and pressure testing
- Two year limited warranty
- Limited numbered series of 500 worldwide
- Lum-tec Bull42 A26 — Designed, assembled by hand and fully tested in Ohio